"Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you LEARN to know God better and better."
M.A. Special Education
"I am so blessed that God has given me a ministry of working with special needs students and their families for over 20 years. I am a motivated teacher and counselor that provides support in a positive environment. I am adept at working within students' limitations while helping them achieve attainable goals. I specialize in teaching and working with students with neurological and emotional issues."
The L.E.A.R.N. Academy is based on the belief that every child is made in the image of God and is designed uniquely for God's own purposes. It has been created to identify and track students who have known learning disabilities and provide any assistance that they may need. We also act as a liaison for special services required. Some students may have very few needs, while others may have many. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of those in our student body that have been diagnosed with learning or emotional challenges, and this is done in the least restrictive environment. Students are guided and encouraged to produce their best effort, using the abilities God has given them to pursue their studies "as unto the Lord".
- To meet the spiritual, emotional, and educational needs of the student
- To enable students to be successful in mainstreamed classes with accommodations and or modifications
- To give continuing reinforcement in reading and math skills
- To monitor the student in mainstreamed classes
Note-takers and scribes
Audio books and texts
Extra time on tests or assignments
- Parent support is expected to be evident by continuous support and follow-up of the student's work at home. Parents must demonstrate the necessary "behind the scenes" support in order for their student to
remain in the program
- There is an annual $1,100 fee for grades K-6th graders and $2,200 fee for grades 7th-12th for the support services within the